13th Meeting of the CaribVET Steering Committee
The meetings will be held week of 11th June and will be organized around a Special Session on Disaster Risk Reduction and Management on June 13th, supported by the USDA.
Among the key topic that will be covered at this meeting:
- Follow-up on the recommendations of the First External evaluation of CaribVET.
- Agreement on a Draft Legal Status for CaribVET
- Funding strategy for sustainable operation of CaribVET
- Review of the technical activities and projects
- New collaborations
- Updates on regional research programmes
The objective of the DRRM session are to 1/ Increase awareness of Veterinary Services in the Caribbean on tools and expertise available for countries to improve their disaster risk reduction and emergency management capacity and 2/ better understand the role of CVOs in DRRM planning at the national level.
Working Documents and materials will be sent to the participants for best preparationAll logistics and practical information is available on the Registration website caribVET-event.com.
More information on the meeting will be posted during the coming days.