Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Risk Reduction & Management Special Session
• Increase awareness of Veterinary Services in the Caribbean on tools and expertise available for countries to improve their Disaster Risk Reduction and emergency management capacity;
• Better understand the role of CVOs in DRRM planning at the national level;
• Contribute to the Emergency Assistance Strategy and Action Plan for the Agriculture Sector after a natural disaster.
• Priority actions to be undertaken by CVOs to 1/ organize emergency preparedness and response at the regional level and 2/ improve DRRM capacities and increase resilience in their countries.
The special session has been funded by the USDA.
CaribVET & the 2017 hurricane season
- Guidance for Pet Evacuations to the United States due to Hurricane Irma
- Assistance of the Cayman Islands to British Overseas Territories (Cayman Island Government), 20 Sept 2017On-going Veterinary Relief Initiatives in the Caribbean
- Hurricane Maria causing widespread devastation in the Caribbean after Hurricane IRMA (Update#3, 06 Oct 2017)
- Hurricane IRMA wrecking the Caribbean - (Update #11, 13 Sept 2017)
- Colleagues from the British Virgin Islands safe after heavy rains early August