The network pledges to:
- Support the development of a regional strategy on animal health which assist in improving the competitiveness in the livestock sub-sector in the Caribbean region;
- Strengthen national capacities related to preparedness, surveillance, monitoring and management of animal and zoonotic diseases;
- Assist in implementation of early warning, early detection and quick response mecanisms for animal and zoonotic diseases
- Improve and harmonize the surveillance and control of animal and zoonotic diseases;
- Impart and expand the knowledge base of animal diseases including zoonoses and their distribution in the Caribbean;
- Create and support the development of technical tools necessary for improving the Region's technical and diagnostic capacity;
In order to achieve its objectives, CaribVET promotes collaboration with national and regional animal and veterinary public health initiatives aimed at achieveing food security/stability and food safety.